Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Phishing E-mail Procedures

From: Robert Meyers <remeyers () MAIL WVU EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:03:21 -0500

I have been tasked with writing guidelines and procedures for an official process on how to handle inbound phishing
and/or otherwise malicious e-mail. The bottom line is we will be asking our user to forward all such e-mail to a
central account where we will check it for any further action.   Does anyone in the group have a similar process they
could share? I'm in favor of continuing to tell users to delete the e-mails and go on about their business, but the
task is on my desk.

Thanks

Bob

Robert E. Meyers,  Ms.Ed.