Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

REN-ISAC sponsors SANS NetWars at a 65% discount!

From: "Young, Beth A." <youngba () MORE NET>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 14:40:59 -0500

Thanks to some tireless efforts by REN-ISAC, SANS and EDUCAUSE, we finally have the agreement for a group buy of SANS
NetWars Continuous play.  The cost of this 4-month training program is $700 (marked down from list prices $1999).  If
we get enough participation, we will have a tournament in conjunction with the EDUCAUSE Security Professionals
Conference May 15-17 (that call for presenters just opened!).

The details:

This is open to faculty, staff and undergraduate students at higher education, K12 teachers and students, and
state/local government.  You must use the discount code DG-NW-EDU during purchase.  The purchase window is from Nov 1 -
Dec 15.  All discounted purchases must be registered by Dec 15!

This is a great chance to practice your hacking skills!  There are multiple skill levels, each one building on the
previous until the final, which is "castle vs. castle" -- protect your domain from attacks while trying to hack other
participants.  Think you got what it takes to be Top Dog, prove it!

A Program description and FAQ have been posted on the REN-ISAC website:
http://www.ren-isac.net/programs/nw2012/

Many thanks to Doug, Daryl, Valerie and Rodney for making this happen.
Let the hacking begin!
Beth

Beth Young, CISSP
MOREnet Security