Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Inigral/Facebook Apps

From: Adam Carlson <ajcarlson () BERKELEY EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:09:09 -0700

Greetings,

Our admissions office is looking into engaging with Inigral to use their "Schools App" application:

http://www.inigral.com/

I was wondering if anyone had performed a risk assessment or had developed any information/guidelines about its use
which could be shared.

When I started looking around for this type of information I was referred to this great site provided by Tufts
University (thanks!) containing general guidelines about the use of social media:

http://webcomm.tufts.edu/socialmedia

However, I'm looking for more detailed information about this product in particular (or the use of Facebook Apps which
may contain student data rather than guidelines around simply setting up an official university with a standard
facebook account).

Thanks!

-Adam

--
Adam Carlson
Chief Security Officer

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." ~Louis D. Brandeis