Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mapped Network Drive

From: Adam Nave <nave () MACALESTER EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:28:51 -0500

Let it unmap itself, but have a nice way to create it again. The way I'd do
it is a simple one-line batch file in the user's startup folder or added to
their log in script.

net use G \\server1\secure /PERSISTENT:no /user:alternate

The /persistent:no flag keeps the drive from being remembered, the /user
flag tells it to use the alternate's account credentials. On log out the
drive mapping goes away. On log in, the user is prompted for their
credentials and the drive is mapped. This will prompt you for the password
inside a DOS window, unfortunately. I'm sure there is a better solution out
there, but at least this one is pretty easy.

--Adam