Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Register Now! Free SANS NetWars Webcast, 9/27, 2 pm ET

From: Ken Connelly <Ken.Connelly () UNI EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:13:56 -0500

It's officially called the SANS Partnership now. See http://www.sans.org/partnership/. The course offerings are *way* down from a few years ago, but there still are a few. Randy still puts on the best annual event at Virginia Tech in March. And Beth Young headed up a fantastic IPv6 offering later last spring. But at the moment, there are no upcoming courses listed.

- ken

Foerst, Daniel P. wrote:
Does SANS@EDU exist anymore?
I very much enjoyed a more local university hosting a SANS course (or two) that was interesting and not being gouged
$3500.

SANS CDI is coming to DC in December and I would very much like to attend, but everything is way too expensive for us
to send one of us, let alone two or three.

If I could get SANS Intrusion Detection In-Depth for a good price, I would be there in a heartbeat. I very much enjoyed
it at Virginia Tech many years ago and a refresher would be awesome.
I also have a new employee that I want to send to Security Essential Bootcamp. Hopefully I can convince my uppers to
send him.

-dan