Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NPRM, DFARS; Safeguarding Unclassified DoD Information (DFARS Case 2011-D039)

From: "Wisdom, Michelle M." <WisdomM () MISSOURI EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:33:06 -0500

Has anyone taken an in-depth look at this proposed rule or know of any analysis of its potential impact on colleges and
universities?  It was recently brought to my attention (I work in an IT security department for a state University
system) and it's beginning to generate some discussion.

I'm working on putting together a summary and discussion paper, but I'd like to sanity check my efforts against those
of others who have also taken a look at this.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Michelle Wisdom, JD
Division of IT
University of Missouri
573-882-9275