Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mobile Device Security programs

From: "Lang, Matthew" <mlang8 () UNCC EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:25:55 +0000

Hugh,

Thank you for the information.

Sincerely,

Matthew

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Hugh
Burley
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 11:49 AM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Mobile Device Security programs

We are using a combination of the BES and NotifyLink<http://www.notifycorp.com/>.

NotifyLink does not appear in the Gartner Report that Mikhael mentions but is a reasonably full featured mobile device
management solution. We have been reasonably satisfied with this solution.

You can access the Gartner report here: http://www.sybase.com/files/White_Papers/GartnerReport_MDM_MQ_April2011.pdf
Regards,

Hugh Burley
Thompson Rivers University
ITS - Senior Technology Coordinator
Information Security Officer
CISSP, CIPP/C
BCCOL - 222D
250-852-6351

"Lang, Matthew" <mlang8 () UNCC EDU> 7/11/11 6:50 am >>>
Good Morning Everyone,

                With the proliferation of mobile devices across our campus I need to investigate security programs to
gain control over this environment.  What I am looking for are applications that can be installed on university owned
devices either Ipad, Tablet, Android, Iphone, blackberry, Symbian OS, Windows Mobile, so very vendor non specific.  The
application needs to be easy to manage and non-resource intensive.  I would like the ability to remote wipe as well as
monitor for any devices that have been rooted or jail broken.  I have found one application that does a lot of this
“Bullguard Mobile Security”  does anyone have experience with this application or can anyone recommend a better one?

Sincerely,

Matthew J. Lang | Interim Chief Information Security Officer
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Information and Technology Services
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
Phone: 704-687-8927
matthew.lang () uncc edu | http://www.uncc.edu<http://www.uncc.edu/>
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this transmission is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or
by telephone at 704-687-8927. Thank you.