Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

ERP Security

From: Rob Milman <rob.milman () SAIT CA>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:08:20 -0600

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of upgrading our ERP to a new version and are addressing implementing some security improvements
as part of the project. We have asked our vendor to perform an analysis of our current system, from a network, server,
database, and application layers to provide recommendations that may improve our security stance.

My question is, are there any guidelines that are commonly used in the post-secondary education community that address
the unique security concerns we all have? What I'm looking for are common high-level network configuration drawings,
server hardening guides, database configuration and application controls.

Thanks,

Rob

Security and Compliance Analyst, Information Systems, SAIT Polytechnic
1301 - 16 Avenue NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada  T2M 0L4
Ph (403) 210.4229, Cell (403) 606.3173, Fax (403) 284-8811
http://www.sait.ca<http://www.sait.ca/>