Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Budget for PCI DSS SAQ D for Bookstore Operations

From: Brad Judy <win-hied () BRADJUDY COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:22:41 -0400

My first pass was also a spreadsheet, but I quickly moved to a database with
9 tables and plenty of relationships.  Unfortunately, that database is
currently only manifested in an MS Access file and I haven't pursued making
it something more.  I think this would be an excellent open source web app
idea for someone to pursue, but that isn't my skillset.

Many of the ASV/QSA companies have an online SAQ offering that has some of
the features, but it seems most are built for SAQ tracking and not more
general-purpose compliance tracking.  A GRC tool can be set up to track PCI
compliance, but the initial set up would take a decent amount of work and
wouldn't be cheap if PCI is the only use you'd get out of it.

Brad Judy

Emory University