Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Awareness training and sanctions

From: Robert Meyers <REMeyers () MAIL WVU EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:43:18 -0400

You've hit my major pain point. Mandatory awareness training is not required, and while sanctions for bad behavior are
in place, enforcement is a huge issue.  We are trying to get human resources and the legal department to join with us
for a clearly articulated training requirement as well as a due process for bad actors.

Bob

Robert E. Meyers,  Ms.Ed.
Educational Program Manager
  Office of Information Security