Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSL scaling

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:25:53 -0400

We originally started using ipSCA a few years back, but, then they had that
thing happen (their root certificate expired at year end 2009!).  We also
find their root cert is not included in all browsers.  It was nice as we had
a free 2 year certificate.   Recently, we have acquired a couple of free
StartCom signed certs.  They seem to be included in the browsers we tested.
We plan on requesting more.  However, their site is unavailable at the
moment...

Ronald King

Security Engineer

Norfolk State University

Marie V. McDemmond Center for Applied Research

Suite 401

700 Park Ave.

Norfolk, Virginia  23504

Phone:  757-823-3918