Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Can a single RSA SecurID OTP token service multiple accounts?

From: "Flynn, Gary - flynngn" <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:12:05 +0000

Hi,

I just started looking into this product. I'm being told that if a person
has multiple accounts on a system, that they'll need an OTP token for each
account. For example, a Windows administrator that has a domain
administrator account, a workstation admin account, and a regular user
account would need to carry three separate tokens. Is there any way to get a
single token to protect multiple accounts? I understand that the 800 series
token could do this with certificates but I was hoping to be able to do it
with an OTP token.

thanks,
--
Gary Flynn