Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Google Apps additions

From: "Plesco, Todd" <tplesco () CHAPMAN EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:43:42 -0700

An interesting question has come up for us.  Our privacy policy assumes that student Gmail ultimately belongs to the
university.  Google has recently added to the student lineup a smorgasbord of other tools normally only available to
individual private users.  What has happened is that students want to merge their Picasa content and other "tools"
content into their student account.  So, we are at a dilemma on the ownership of content and how to craft an
appropriate privacy policy.

Has anyone else addressed or met this challenge?

Best,
Todd A. Plesco  CISM, CBCP
Chapman University, Director of Information Security
One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866
Phone: (714) 997-6726/Fax: (714) 744-7041