Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Executive outreach - Effective communications methods

From: "Tonkin, Derek K." <Derek_Tonkin () BAYLOR EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:23:45 -0500

Greetings,

SANS has developed an executive outreach presentation focused on educating executives in higher ed about why their
campus needs an effective information security program.  In order to reach out to this group successfully, we need to
know how to get their attention and what forum is best for communications.

For your specific campus, please tell us how you engage your executives; what medium do you use if you want to convey
an important message to them. Also, do your executives ever turn to social mediums like Facebook or YouTube for their
own educational needs. If so, please list those.  Feel free to reply directly and we will summarize the anonymized
results.

Thank you for your help!

--

Nicole Kegler

Communications Manager

University Information Security Office

Georgetown University

202-687-5784

Protecting data is a shared responsibility!

INSTALL antivirus and antispyware software.

USE strong passwords.

KNOW who you are dealing with online.

STORE confidential and sensitive data on encrypted devices only.
SHUT DOWN computers or disconnect from the Internet when it's not in use.

-------------Baylor University-------------
Derek Tonkin
Information Security Analyst
Information Technology Services - Security
derek_tonkin () baylor edu<mailto:derek_tonkin () baylor edu>        254-710-7061