Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Netflow Analysis Software

From: "Avdagic, Indir" <indir_avdagic () WSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 10:36:34 -0700

To collect NetFlow we use Scrutinizer NetFlow Analyzer and QRadar SIEM appliance.

The strongest part of the Scrutinizer is their reporting solution called Flow Analytics. Flow Analytics  is able to
report on top applications, conversations, flows, protocols, domains, countries, subnets, etc., across our switches and
Cisco ASA appliances .

In addition, we use QRadar SIEM appliance to collect NetFlow from switches and logs from our servers and appliances
across campus. Qradar is able to correlate  log events with the NetFlow data.

Using QRadar we are able to expands visibility into network activity, user and application activity, and we got an
additional intelligence into potential offense sources across the entire network.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Indir

Indir Avdagic, CISSP, ACSA, TICSA, SEC+

Information Systems Security Manager

Washington State University

indir_avdagic () wsu edu <mailto:indir_avdagic () wsu edu>

Phone: (509) 335-3279