Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Awareness Training Metrics

From: Mel Guenther <mguenther () COX NET>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:57:48 -0700

I have a metrics product that i have used for over 10 years that measures behavior change, not number of people who
attendeded training.  However, in the last 6 yearts it hasa become my proprietary product and the crux of my business.

That said, I do support your efforts - and agree completeley that all efforts are wasted unless you develope a tool or
tools to measure the impact of training in employee behavior.  I do not agree that it is a real challenge, though.

Good luck in your efforts - you are on the right path

Melissa Guenther

---- Robert Meyers <REMeyers () MAIL WVU EDU> wrote:
One of the keys to developing and delivering successful information security awareness training is measurable
metrics. While this can be relatively simple when measuring who has completed a training program, developing and
measuring metrics that actually measure the impact of training in employee behavior is a real challenge.

Does the group have experience in development of measurable post training metrics that can be used to not only
determine success of a training program, but also be used to adjust and modify the next training cycle?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Robert E. Meyers,  Ms.Ed.
Educational Program Manager