Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

encrypted USB drive recommendations

From: "Youngquist, Jason R." <jryoungquist () CCIS EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:13:14 +0000

Does anyone have any recommendations for cost effective encrypted USB drives?

I know the Ironkey USB drive is one of the defacto secure USB drives out there, but we were looking for some lower cost
solutions that we might recommend to faculty/staff/students.

Key features:
--reasonable price
--easy to use
--Windows and Mac compatible.
--USB drive must only have an encrypted partition (some USB drives have a non-encrypted and encrypted partition)
--size really doesn't matter - 2-4gigs should be fine

Thanks.
Jason Youngquist
Information Technology Security Engineer
Technology Services
Columbia College
1001 Rogers Street, Columbia, MO  65216
(573) 875-7334