Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Eliminating PSTs

From: "Chancellor, Beth C." <ChancellorB () MISSOURI EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:25:02 -0600

This topic could fall into various discussion lists so I picked the Security list because it's as good as any.

I would like to identify a few institutions who have gone through the pain and suffering of eliminating PSTs.  There
are an obvious list of pros and cons with the biggest con (in my opinion) being the firestorm of pushback that may come
from end-users (loss of control, I want or need to keep everything forever, etc.).

Is there anyone out there who has already been through this and who is willing to share their strategy and experiences?

Thanks,
Beth

Beth Chancellor, MEd, CISSP
Associate CIO and Chief Information Security Officer
University of Missouri
(573)882-3503