Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Self service password reset tools

From: Barron Hulver <Barron.Hulver () OBERLIN EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:40:11 -0400

We use an ID-series virtual directory server from A10 networks for self-service password reset. It enforces our password policies and has a set of challenge questions in order to recover a password. It talks to our Sun/Oracle LDAP directory, our Novell eDirectory, and connects to two of our Unix boxes (via an SSH/command-line) to synchronize passwords. It has been about four years since I worked with my two people that support our directories to implement this and I think they would say that it has been okay.

Barron

Barron Hulver
Director of Networking, Operations, and Systems
Center for Information Technology
Oberlin College
148 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074