Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mobile Apps: Authentication?

From: Theresa Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:33:58 -0400

I'm interested in this too.  I am specifically separating mobile app from
mobile web site in this discussion.  While we have supported development of
mobile web sites that have logins to critical systems, we have not deployed
apps yet that support logins to critical systems.  We have an app
development project underway that will be consumer information in
orientation, and we've specifically excluded anything involving
authentication with our LDAP directory because we do not know enough about
security implementation in that environment.  I think our first entries into
this area will be with vendor supplied products.

Theresa Rowe