Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: AD self service password reset ?

From: Terence Ma <Terence.Ma () TUN TOURO EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:32:11 -0800

At Touro University Nevada, we have been using "Password Reset Pro" from SysOp Tools
(http://www.sysoptools.com/password-reset-pro.aspx). While I personally like it, the students and faculty absolutely
hate it because they cannot remember the required picture/word association for authentication. We have found that we
are providing help desk support to reset password for the majority of students every reset cycle.

We are migrating to another product that seems to be really nice (and received well when we presented it to select
students). The new product is SSRPM (Self-Service Reset Password Manager;
http://www.advtoolware.com/products/self-service-reset-password/ssrpm_self-service-reset-password.asp). This will be
rolled out later this week, so we shall see how it is received ....

Best,

Terence P. Ma, PhD
Chief Information Officer
Touro University Nevada