Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New FTC Guidance - Thoughts?

From: Todd Britton <tbritton () LAVERNE EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:13:39 -0800

Colleagues,

                I have been looking at this new proposed guidance provided by the FTC in December 2010. The document is
entitled "FTC Staff Issues Privacy Report, Offers Framework for Consumers, Businesses, and Policymakers". I am curious
to know if any of my fellow Universities or Colleges are looking at this to determine the possible impacts on current
privacy policies and practices. It appears to be gaining steam and will probably be turn into legislation by the end of
the year. Thoughts?

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2010/12/privacyreport.shtm

Todd Britton - MBA, PMP, CISM, CRISC, ITILv3F, MCSE, CGEIT
Director of Enterprise Applications
Information Security Officer
OIT Project Manager
University of La Verne