Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Patch Schedule

From: Tim Bradish <tbradish () ITHACA EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:24:26 -0500

We have a regular (Fix-it-Friday) window of time after 4:00pm for
maintenance to servers or network equipment.  Campus is on board with
this window of time.  Any request that needs attention immediately will
be submitted to our Change Control Board as an emergency item and will
be reviewed accordingly.  For server patching we are in the process of
creating an internal ranking of severity that will decide the time line
for remediation.  Desktops are pulling from WSUS or equivalent daily.

Tim Bradish, CISSP
Network Security Engineer
Ithaca College

email: tbradish () ithaca edu