Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cell Phone Pin Policy

From: "Patria, Patricia" <PPatria () BENTLEY EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:39:29 -0400

Hi George,

We have a policy that requires PINs for all employees that connect to our Blackberry Enterprise Server or Active Sync
server. The full policy can be viewed at http://info-privacy.bentley.edu/policy/handheld-device-policy.

We don't yet have a hands free policy, but Nick’s points below are very valid and could be incorporated into a policy
to reduce your exposure.

Patty

Patty Patria
Chief Information Security Administrator | Bentley University
175 Forest Street, Waltham, MA 02452 |781.891.2364