Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Iron Mountain - Connected Desktop Backup - "Heal"

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:46:42 -0500

Prior to the arrival of Windows 7 64 bit, we had great success with Iron
Mountain.  (Likely the 64 bit problems existed prior to Windows 7, but we
had very little 64 bit use prior to 7)  It still works well with non-64 bit
systems.  We do use the heal option, and other than the time involved, which
can be very extensive, we have had few problems.  FWIW, Iron Mountain has
not been responsive to addressing these issues, and we're likely to not
renew our contract because of this.