Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Anthony Phillips <anthony () KSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:51:04 -0500

Hey, let's just go clear back to vacuum tubes and patch cords.  Maybe we can
get it right the second time around, build it all securely from the ground
up, then we'll all be out of jobs and can go fishing.

Anthony Phillips
Computer Security Analyst
Kansas State University
785-532-3341
anthony () ksu edu

K-State will never ask for your eID username or password in an e-mail to
keep your account active.
If you do give someone your username and password in an e-mail the account
will be disabled.

The best education you can get is in the school of hard knocks.