Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Digital signatures....??

From: Renee Shuey <rshuey () PSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:30:08 -0400

Hello All:

InCommon (a non-profit run by and for the higher ed community) is launching an unlimited SSL cert program and will soon be allowing unlimited personal signing/encryption certs as well. We have a HE community-based PKI subcommittee working on the details right now. I hope we have personal certs going by late fall.

incommon.org/cert

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have or at least find the right people to address your questions. ;)

Thanks,
Renee Shuey
Principal Lead - Identity and Access Management
The Pennsylvania State University

SCHALIP, MICHAEL wrote:

Hi folks....

Is anyone out there using digital signatures - I'm familiar with Entrust (from the DOE/Fed world), and we are going to look into it, but I'm wondering if anyone is using anything similar - or very different? We're looking for a way to do electronic approvals on financials, HR documents, etc.

Let me know....

Thanks,

Michael

--