Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Ironport DKIM

From: Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:37:06 -0500

On 04/01/2010 12:51 PM, Scott Beardsley wrote:
We have DKIM (with DNSSEC) running on our mail server (check the
headers!).

Umm... I'm failing to see any DKIM-related headers in it by the time
it passed through the Listserv and arrived at my site?

Ya... looks like the listserv strips them. :(

DKIM isn't supposed to work with forwarding servers, and it isn't even guaranteed to work across MTA hops.

I think that this begs the question: for what purpose are you using DKIM, and have you found its implementation to be worth the effort?

Jesse
UW-Madison