Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

LSAC ACES2 Appliance and Banner Integration

From: "Gregg, Christopher S." <csgregg () STTHOMAS EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:37:38 -0500

This is probably a pretty narrowly focused question, and may not even apply to most of you.  However, if there is
anyone here who has been involved in an implementation of the LSAC ACES2 appliance and is willing to discuss the
security issues involved in setting up the integration for Banner, could you please contact me.

This is the law school admissions software that is made by the same group that does the LSAT test.  As I understand it,
this is widely used by law schools.  The new version, ACES2, allows for integration with Banner by means of an
appliance that is hosted at the local school.  However, we're running into concerns about the level of access needed by
the LSAC staff to the appliance and Banner to make this work, and I am curious how others have handled this.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Gregg
Director of Information Technology
Information Resources and Technologies
University of St. Thomas
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, Minnesota 55105
Mail Location: 5046 Office: AQU LL20
Phone: 651.962.6265
e-mail: csgregg () stthomas edu<mailto:csgregg () stthomas edu>