Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Is anyone forcing active sync controls on their smart phone users?

From: John Rasmussen <rasmusse () OHSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:31:55 -0700

We are currently considering our options for securing information on smartphones that include iPhones.

Is anyone using the Active Sync controls in Exchange to push security controls to these devices?
Some controls would include an automated timeout, required pin or password, and enabling remote wipe for lost or stolen
devices.

Are these controls applied to all university owned devices ?  Do controls apply to personally owned devices?

We are an academic medical center but I am very interested to find out what other colleges and universities are doing.
Thanks
John

John Rasmussen
Information Security Officer & Associate Privacy Officer
OHSU Integrity Office
4-8480