Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vendor Access

From: "Bradley, Stephen W. Mr." <bradlesw () MUOHIO EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 11:04:45 -0500

We use eGuardPost and the vendor must have a need and a sponsor from the university.  The also must sign an NDA.  Then
they get an account on the eGP system and when they want in they go to the system and make a request.  The university
sponsor must then grant them permission for the time they request.  After their request is granted they continue on in
either a Windows or SSH session.

Works well for the people that actually read the instructions we provide.

steve