Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Oracle Event Notifications

From: Scott Sweren <ssweren () UDEL EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:01:42 -0500

We about to embark on a project to automate Oracle event monitoring and notifications.  The primary purpose is to be
alerted when FERPA and other sensitive data is accessed, modified, or changed in an unauthorized manner within the
database that drives our CRM application, PeopleSoft.   We have a list of vendors that can do log consolidation and
event monitoring as well as have ideas on how to do it ourselves.  I am looking to see what others are using and their
satisfaction with the solution.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Sweren