Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

How to import CAM's root certificate to CAS?

From: Guoqi Cui <guoqicui () GMAIL COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:22:59 -0800

 I have brand new Cisco NAC appliance and manager with 4.7.0 code.
when I tried to add the CAS in the CAM.  I got error
"Failed to add server: Could not connect to x.x.x.x"

with event log:  Administration

2010-02-08 01:07:21
Could not connect to x.x.x.x  SSL Communication 2010-02-08 01:07:20 SSLManager:
server's certificate chain verification failed CN=x.x.x.x, OU=xx, O=xx,
L=xx, ST=xx, C=us:No trusted certificate found

I guess the root certificate of the CAM and the CAS need to be imported
mutually since I am using self generated certificate.  I first imported the
CAS's certificate the CAM and tried to connect and get:
Failed to add server: Could not connect to x.x.x.x
with event log:

  Administration 2010-02-08 01:14:49 Could not connect to x.x.x.x

The CAS's certificate is valid now.

I think I need to import the CAM's root certificate to the CAS to valid the
CAM's cert to make this work.   Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,
Guoqi