Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Peeling off desktop Administrator Rights

From: Kevin Shalla <kshalla () UIC EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:21:53 -0600

Although I haven't tried it, I saw a very interesting demonstration by BeyondTrust of their product Privilege Manager whereby the user gets user rights to everything except the applications the Active Directory administrator identifies as requiring administrator rights. So it's the opposite of the dougzuck plan. If I get some time I'll probably work on getting it.