Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Faculty Acceptance of Security Awareness Education?

From: Terri Jones <terrij () WEBSTER EDU>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:48:14 -0600

Matthew,

I looked into PhishMe, and it's pretty slick. But in discussing it with other IT managers, we really hesitate to "entrap" users into doing the things we tell them over and over not to do. What has been your experience with this aspect, and are there ways of using the service other than tricking users? I'm not trying to be troublesome, just looking for another perspective, as this is the impression the service gave to my colleagues.

Thanks,
Terri Jones

Terri Jones
Director, IT Information Services