Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommendation of a good secure Flash drive?

From: Nate Henne <natehenne () WEBER EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:59:42 -0600

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at  9:58 AM, in message <4ADF2FB3.9050201 () stanford edu>,
Paul Keser <pkeser () STANFORD EDU> wrote:

I haven't played with it yet but they discussed it at the IT Pro tech
briefing yesterday.  It looks like they have extended Bit Locker to
support flash drives.  It also saves an executable to the flash drive
fox XP.  No Mac support yet (ever?).

You can store keys in AD like EFS.

- -PaulK

Paul Keser
Assoc. Information Security Officer
Stanford University
650.724.9051
GPG Fingerprint:  DBA3 E20F CE91 28AA DA1C  4A77 3BD9 C82D 2699 24FB

Stanclift, Michael wrote:
Has anyone looked at the flash drive encryption built into Windows 7?

*Michael Stanclift*

*Network Analyst*

*Rockhurst University*

* *