Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cisco IPS

From: randy marchany <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:03:42 -0400

We've been running a production IPv6 network here at VT for a number
of years. We've not found any IPS that effectively detects IPv6
attacks. You may want to ask and "verify" any vendor claims about
detecting IPv6 attacks. Most IPS vendors told us that this feature
would be in future releases but since that was 2 years ago and we've
not heard of anyone telling us otherwise, I'd be very interested to
hear if an IPS vendor has stepped up.

-Randy Marchany
VA Tech IT Security Office