Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Physical Security During Construction?

From: "Maloney, Michael" <mmaloney () MIDDLESEXCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:23:36 -0400

We just went thru this last summer when our Halon system was changed
out.  Despite assurances from our facilities department and the GC doing
the work that they had experience working in a data centers, we elected
to keep a staff member in the NOC when they were present.

Which was a good call we felt after catching them standing on top of
server racks to gain access to the ceiling and using the metal computer
furniture as a ladder.