Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 3rd Party conducted Risk Assessment

From: "Hudson, Edward" <ewhudson () CSUCHICO EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:57:04 -0700

As a former vendor I can say I think this isn't just a good idea, it's a "must do" in order to differentiate between
those who say they can, and those who can really deliver what you ask for. No one better than current customers to
separate the wheat from the chaff. No vendor worth their salt should hesitate a moment in providing you references
aligned with your particular needs. I.E. risk assessment in higher edu. Don't settle for a reference from another
industry.
<my .02>

Ed Hudson, CISM
Information Security Office