Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Remote scanning of student machines

From: "Koerber, Jeff" <jkoerber () TOWSON EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:31:01 -0400

Instead of having students scan their systems prior to coming on campus, we have a grace period for all students to
come into compliance with our Cisco Clean Access.  So our student help desk isn't overwhelmed, we will turn on
different checks spaced out during September with all checks enabled by the end of September.

I'm curious how many students would take advantage of this.

Jeff Koerber
Supervisor, Student Computing Services Lab and Service Desk
Towson University
Towson, MD