Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Gmail for students and IMAP

From: Theresa Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:50:20 -0400

Yes, we've had that.  For a preservation type of subpoena, we forwarded the
requester directly to Google per their procedures.  There was no issue or
request after that.
For internals, we access the account.

Theresa Rowe

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Joel Rosenblatt <joel () columbia edu> wrote:

Hi,

I have a question - has anyone had to do a "data discovery subpoena" for a
student that has their email outsourced?  What was the process and how much
cooperation did you get from the vendor?

Thanks,
Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel <http://www.columbia.edu/%7Ejoel>

--On Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:13 AM -0400 "James M. Dutcher - Assoc. VP