Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA Settlement letter from Video Protection Alliance Services, LLC

From: Marty Hoag <marty.hoag () NDSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:55:20 -0500

   It is probably amazing that crooks don't start flooding
people with similar offers. All they have to do is use similar
tools to what the RIAA or MPAA contractors use, send out
bogus settlement offers, and rake in the dough. So how does
a person validate a take down notice (maybe not as big a deal)
or settlement offer?

   marty

Kevin Garrett wrote:
Here is link
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/video-protection-alliance-services-llc-c229646.html
Ignore...is what they recommend.

All the best,

--
Kevin C Garrett
VP Sales

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Guy Pace <gpace () sbctc edu