Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Local Admin Accounts

From: "Smith, Bob" <smithrj () LONGWOOD EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:14:16 -0400

Everyone is posting some great ideas for handling computers on the domain, but how are you dealing with computers
(laptops) that might not be on the domain?  Are you simply giving them an elevated local account, using 2 local
accounts (one non-admin and one admin) or something else?

Bob Smith
Information Security Officer
Longwood University