Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Verizon spam black list help

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:30:39 -0400

We had an account compromised the weekend of the 21st
and used to send spam. All providers except Verizon
responded quickly to our requests for our mail servers
to be taken off their black lists.

Unfortunately, after repeated submissions to Verizon's
web page, messages from our servers are still being
bounced from Verizon a week later. Occasionally we'll
get an automated message indicating that a server is
NOT on their list (though the bounce message indicates
that it is) or that they've taken a server off the
list (though messages still bounce). I sent followup
messages to the email address indicated in the automated
received no response.

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/whitelist/request_form.asp?id=isp

Anyone have a good contact for these folks? I don't want
to be whitelisted, I just want to get off the black list. :)

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer