Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: {SPAM?} Re: Smartphone Policies.

From: "Maloney, Michael" <mmaloney () MIDDLESEXCC EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:54:43 -0400

The reasoning behind the policy is simple. With limited resources, (both
financially and manpower) we had to restrict what services we could
provide to non-college owned equipment.

If a user wants to forward their mail to some outside service that then
forwards it on to their Blackberry, or to their home email accounts,
there is nothing we can do to stop them.  However, we won't support them
either if it breaks either.

Mike Maloney
Sr. System Engineer
Middlesex County College