Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Is gradefund legitimate?

From: Kevin Shalla <kshalla () UIC EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:29:48 -0500

While again not addressing the original request, I cannot resist
mentioning a book which argues that this is a bad idea:
Punished by Rewards http://www.alfiekohn.org/books/pbr.htm

At 09:10 AM 4/27/2009, Joel Rosenblatt wrote:
Hi,

I never heard of this company, but there are such funds in other places

CPS unveils new financial incentive program

New "Green for Grade$" program will allow more than 5,000 students
to earn up to $4,000 each for achieving academic benchmarks.

<http://www.cps.edu/News/Press_releases/2008/Pages/09_11_2008_PR1.aspx>

Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel

--On Monday, April 27, 2009 8:51 AM -0500 "Wayne J. Hauber"