Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cash registers...

From: "Consolvo, Corbett D" <cc72 () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:33:25 -0500

Hey folks,
  Perhaps a sensitive topic but we are in the process of deploying RAYTEX cash registers on our network.  We are
working through implementation of security protocols (separate VLAN, no Internet access, FW, etc.) but was wondering if
anyone had worked with this vendor before and came across anything specific/special that would be helpful if you are
comfortable with sharing with me and/or the list.  I have some concerns regarding the inherent security of the
registers as is.
Thanks!
Corbett
Texas State University