Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Conflicker/NMAP

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:42:30 -0400

We are in the process of running a Nessus scan using the latest
Windows/Conficker filter.  The public IP machines have come up clean.
Faculty/Staff are currently being scanned.  Students are last.

As mentioned in other messages, we keep our systems updated through WSUS and
our AV is centralized.  I have only seen one host infected and it was
because the faculty member had it on the card in their camera.  It was
blocked immediately by the AV.

If I see other hosts infected, I'll post any pertinent info to the group.

Ronald King

Security Engineer

Norfolk State University

Marie V. McDemmond Center for Applied Research

Suite 401

700 Park Ave.

Norfolk, Virginia  23504

Phone:  757-823-3918