Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ISP for Residence Halls

From: "Consolvo, Corbett D" <cc72 () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:25:27 -0500

Anna,
I have worked in both outsourced (2000 beds) and in-house (6500 beds) situations.  The outsourcing experience for us
was financially cheaper but the service and support levels were much poorer.  In my current environment we also have an
example of bringing an outsourced apartment complex on to the in-house network, the students have reported a much more
positive experience since the move.  In short, my experience has been that outsourcing has not been worth the financial
savings.

Corbett Consolvo
Texas State University