Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Please change the parameters of this listserv to reject HTML parts

From: Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:14:21 -0500

Kim Cary wrote:
I take this list, as all my lists in digest format.

This list is the only list I take that allows non-plaintext message
parts to be transmitted.

Surely you would want to allow Content-Type:
application/x-pkcs7-signature;, right?  This is, after all, a security
list, so digital signatures should be encouraged, not discouraged.

I hate html-only messages as much as the rest of you, but surely there
is a better solution (such as changing the digest process to ignore
non-text MIME parts) than banning all messages that contain non-text
MIME parts.

Jesse

--
  Jesse Thompson
  Division of Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison